- Online submissions are preferred.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The Japanese Government, through the Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE) and the Japan Information and Cultural Center (JICC) of the Japanese Embassy in Manila, and in partnership with the National Youth Commission, is implementing the Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths Program (JENESYS2017), which aims at promoting mutual trust and understanding among the peoples of Japan and the Asia-Pacific region and building a basis for future friendship and cooperation. It also encourages an understanding and dissemination of Japan’s economics, society, history, diverse culture, politics and diplomatic relations.
The program proper is scheduled on FEBRUARY 6-13, 2018 in Tokyo and Tohoku Region, Japan. NYC will be nominating 21 students.
Qualifications of Student Delegates:
- Filipino citizen,18-35 years old
- Philippine passport holders (valid until August 14, 2018)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Currently-enrolled college, Masters, or PhD students
- Studying Japan-related course (Japan Studies, Japan History, Politics, Language, and Culture)
- Can communicate in English and Japanese
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing (tentative date: February 4, 2018) at the NYC head office and the program proper on February 6-13, 2018
- Accomplished NYC Application Form
- Accomplished JENESYS2017 Batch 3 Form
- An essay of not more than 1500 words answering the following questions: A) what are your expectations about the program? B) once accepted, what do you think can you contribute to the program? C) what are your plans after you return from the program?
- Copy of Certification from Dean or College Secretary that the applicant is a bona fide student
- Employment Certificate (for working youth)
- Copy of valid passport
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back as well as their accommodation in Manila during the pre-departure briefing.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Tokyo-Manila) and travel tax/terminal fee as well as their food, accommodation and local transportation in Japan.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from November 16, 2012 – present whose airfare, meals, and accommodation were paid by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from November 16, 2015 – present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid by the organizer.
- JENESYS, KIZUNA, and SSEAYP Alumni.
- Alumni of all Japanese Government-sponsored (Japan Embassy, Japan Foundation, JICA, etc) scholarship, conference or cultural exchange or training programs.
- Applicants who have been to Japan, whether as a student, tourist or an OFW, and stayed in Japan for three months or more.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program documents or volunteer work.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to [email protected]
com (with Subject Heading: AREA_SURNAME_APPLICATION). Example: LUZON_JOSE_APPLICATION or NCR_JOSE_APPLICATION
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM / December 17, 2017.
- Please send all queries to [email protected]
com with subject heading “Query: JENESYS2017 Batch 3”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat at telephone numbers (02) 4268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.