IMPORTANT REMINDERS AND DISCLAIMER:
Read the instructions carefully before asking questions.
- The National Youth Commission received the official communication about the program from the Department of Foreign Affairs on November 24, 2017 (Friday).
- Due to the exigency of the matter and in compliance with the deadline set by the Organizer, applicants are only given ten (10) days to accomplish and submit the application requirements.
- Deadline for submission of application requirements is December 6, 2017. Online submissions are preferred.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- The National Youth Commission, in partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industries and the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, opens the application to the 2017 ASEAN-India Students Exchange Program in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Agra, and New Delhi, India. The program, which will run from 14-23 January 2018, is a ten-day cultural program that aims at promoting international goodwill and cultural understanding amongst promising young individuals, developing their potential as future leaders in government, business and civil society.
NYC will be sending 24 participants (12 females and 12 males).
Qualifications for Youth Participant:
- Filipino (currently-enrolled masteral or PhD students with background in Asian Studies, India Studies, ASEAN-India Relations)
- 20-26 years old
- With good communication skills
- Philippine passport holder (valid until July 24, 2018 or beyond)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- With thorough knowledge of Philippine history, culture, and current events
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on January 13, 2018 and the program proper on January 14-23, 2018
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- Accomplished NYC International Programs Application Form
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- Certification from dean or college secretary of university that applicant is currently enrolled
- An essay of not more than 1500 words answering the following questions:
A) what are your expectations about the program?
B) once accepted, what do you think can you contribute to the program?
C) what are your plans after you return from the program?
- The organizer will shoulder the participant’s round-trip airfare as well as the accommodation and meals during program.
- Participant shall shoulder the visa application fees, airfare from his/her residence to NAIA and back, terminal fees, and travel tax.
The following need not apply:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from November 27, 2012 – present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from November 27, 2015 – present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to [email protected]
with Subject Heading: AREA_SURNAME_APPLICATION
Example: LUZON_JOSE_APPLICATION or NCR_JOSE_APPLICATION
Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM / December 6, 2017.
- Please send all queries to [email protected] with subject heading “Query: 2017 ASEAN-India Student Exchange Program”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone numbers (02) 4268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.